As we move into our first winter it is a good time to take stock of where we are, and where we plan to go.
Considering our plan was to establish the Club over the winter but decided we would bring those plans forward to ensure cover for a charity game that was losing their original opponents we are pretty pleased with what we have achieved. Unlike a lot of charity cricket clubs we are not really that focussed on playing games ourselves. I know that sounds a tad counter productive but our focus is to make people aware of what cricket can do for them be that playing, scoring, umpiring, volunteering or watching so education, participation and awareness are our priorities, whilst supporting a number of causes and charities through increased awareness and fundraising.
Primarily we have laid the foundations for next year.
I think as good a way as any is to list some links below to various parts of the site that demonstrate this:
- We have created and appointed Club Ambassadors
- We have designed and purchased Coloured Playing Tops
- We have a Club Cap
- We have a Club Shop (currently waiting on confirmation of Sponsor for White Kit)
- We have Articles of Association, a Code of Conduct and a Bank Account
- We have a growing number of Partners
- We have set up an Affiliated Clubs Program and Affiliated Ground Program
- We are raising money to send SEVEN pallets of equipment and kit to Jamaica
- We initiated and supported a Ukrainian Refugee Independence Day Event
- We have established a Membership Scheme
- We have appointed a number of Club Officials
Over the winter we have a number of objectives we will be working on:
- We will be sorting out FIVE fixtures for next year to support a number of causes: animal welfare (specifically 112 Carlota Galgos, Osha’s Flying Paws, and WECare Sri Lanka), #HerGameToo, Running Out Racism, and our own Cricket Kindness Project
- We will be appointing more Ambassadors
- We will be appointing more Club Officials
- We will be populating and expanding the Blog (maybe a new theme!) and looking into setting up a Podcast (or having a segment on existing ones)
- We will be looking at establishing a T20 Team
- We will be working on a plan to have an annual tour to give people the opportunity to play cricket.
More of the same in many ways, but with a clearer focus that when we started and building on the momentum we have created.